Call for Performing Arts residencies 2024
(La Bonne + Antic Teatre)
La Bonne and Antic Teatre – Espai de Creació open a call with the aim of supporting artists and creators to access work and rehearsal spaces from which they can develop artistic projects.
WE ADDRESS TO:
Contemporary theatrical or multidisciplinary projects led by women who:
- They have their own financing.
- They are in the final phase of creation.
- They involve risk and innovation in the research and development of new scenic languages, of new dramaturgy (originals) or of collective creation.
- They incorporate a transversal feminist perspective.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
4 weeks of Artistic Residency and Rehearsal at La Bonne, in an open and pleasant space from Monday to Friday, half day (from 10am to 3pm or from 3pm to 8pm.) Days to be negotiated according to the needs of the company and availability of ‘ space.
- Access to a meeting room on time.
- Support and dissemination of the project in residence.
- Option to use the sound and recording studio.
- Technical Residency (from 27 to 30 May) and exhibitions (30, 31 May and 1 and 2 June) at the Old Theater – Space for Creation.
- Technical support for assembly and disassembly of the show, with a maximum of 10 hours throughout the company’s work week
- Liquidation to the company of 80% of the net box office (without VAT). *This box office is subject to capacity.
Call | From January 25, 2024 to February 25 (proposals can be submitted electronically until 11:59 p.m.).
Public communication of the winning proposal | March 7, 2024
Artistic Residence and Rehearsal in La Bonne | Between the months of March and May. To be determined with the company.
Technical Residence and Exhibition at the ‘ Antic Teatre | From 27 to 30 May.
Exhibition | 30, 31 May and 1 and 2 June.
DOCUMENTATION TO PRESENT
Interested companies must submit a project in this form .
The project must contain the following information:
- Genre of the piece
- Incorporation of the feminist perspective
- Brief resumes of the team
- Specific needs of the rehearsal space
- Production plan
- Provisional technical sheet
- Link to teaser video/video of the work, or video of the creation process/rehearsal
- Previous work video link.
- Other elements to consider (links with the neighborhood and/or community, proposals for alternative dates, audiovisual material…)
SELECTION OF PROJECTS
- The selection of the projects will be made by a committee formed by the Bonne coordinator, the director of the Old Theater – Espai de Creació and other people linked to the world of the performing arts with a feminist perspective, which we will make public from March 6 .
- The companies must adapt to the technical conditions of the Old Theatre .
- The people who make up the company must have a feminist perspective both on a personal level and in terms of the artistic expression of the proposal.
- The project must be led by women or people of dissident gender identity.
- It will be valued if the process involves non-specifically artistic communities at risk of social exclusion.
- Themes that address social commitment will be valued.
- It will be appreciated that the team includes people who have migrated.
- It will be valued if the team includes people from communities or groups discriminated against and/or at risk of social exclusion.
- The companies must sign a contract with La Bonne and l’Antic Teatre before the start of the residency.
For any questions or queries, you can contact email@example.com
Selected projects in previous editions: