AWARDS AND PRIZES:
– CRITICS AWARD 2022: MARIA JOSÉ RAGUÉ HONORARY PRIZE awarded to Antic Teatre’s Community Arts Project with residents from the Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera neighbourhood and for its consistent course in the creation of performance arts from a feminist perspective.
– TIME OUT BEST THEATRE AWARD 2021 because: “In a year marked by the restrictions of the pandemic, Antic Teatre has continued to stand behind talent and risk, with first-rate shows such as Aquellas que no deben morir and other delights which are now touring the world. It is, and this is no little thing, a threatened space that should be cared for as if it were a precious jewel.”
– PERFORMANCE ARTS CRITICS AWARD 2019 for best theatre for: “supporting experimentation in contemporary performance arts and its work as a launch pad for emerging creation since 2013”.
– PREMIO QUÈFEM? La Vanguardia 2019 AWARD for the best theatre.
– DANSACAT 2014 AWARD to the Antic Teatre team: “For all their work with and commitment to professionals in the dance and Performance Arts sectors. For their dedication to programming and providing visibility to experimental creations and new performance languages. For being the only alternative venue that represents, takes risks, and provides continued support to independent creators, offering visibility and residencies. For listening to the needs of the sector and searching for working formulas, providing a programming that is both varied and coherent.”
– SEBASTIÀ GASCH FAD AWARD 2004 to Semolina Tomic for “recovering the Antic Teatre, transforming it from an abandoned civic centre into a live stage for contemporary creation, and for the cultural and artistic benefits of recovering said venue.”
– HUESCA INTERNATIONAL THEATRE AND DANCE FAIR 2004 for most innovative programming in Spain.
Companies and artists’ AWARDS AND PRIZES:
– TIME OUT AWARD 2018 to Roger Peláez for best radical talent.
– SEBASTIÀ GASCH FAD AWARD 2018 for paratheatrical arts to Sociedad Doctor Alonso for Y los huesos hablaron.
– Agnès Mateus & Quim Tarrida have received various awards for Rebota, rebota y en tu cara explota:
- SEBASTIÀ GASCH FAD APPLAUSE AWARD 2018.
- BUTACA AWARD 2018 for New Performance contributions.
- DRAMA CRITICS PRIZE 2017 for best show, new performance trends.
– SEBASTIÀ GASCH FAD AWARD 2016 to emerging artist Carla Rovira for: “taking spectators to the henhouse and making them understand that the magic of inadequate elements can be very involving. For allowing us to be vulnerable.”
– FAD SEBASTIÀ GASCH 2016 awards Distinction for Applause to Associació Cultural Nyamnyam “for the easy and natural way they mix up gastronomy, contemporary thought and live arts in the same pan. For generating discourse among the hobs, for making our mouths water and heating up our heads with exquisite transdisciplinary creations”.
– FETÉN AWARD 2023 in the New Languages category to Macarena Recuerda Shepherd for The Watching Machine.